A friend of mine found an old lamp base, and quite a funky one at that, and asked me to make a custom shade for it. Actually it took some thought. This needed a more traditional shade construction. It needed a wire frame to make it work. I'd played a bit with this in the past, like once, but then I was never one to go the traditional route, and it seemed even more time consuming than the direction I had already gone. But here it was, a fabulous base and the opportunity to play. It took awhile but this is what I came up with.
I didn't want to do the traditional round shade so I ended up using the bullet shaped Bo shade and added a wire framework on the top and bottom. I had to wire in two round wire circles that I had gotten from a lamp part supplier. This was the tricky part and I wouldn't recommend the way I did it, but it worked. At any rate, if you find a funky base out there, maybe I can make a new lamp out it. Cheryl loved it by the way.