Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009 - Saw it. Loved it.


First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's in my life. I hope you have a day to remember and enjoy it thoroughly.

And now for something completely different:


Yesterday was cold and rainy in the morning. I went to the farmer's market but it was just too cold and wet. This time of year there isn't much in the way of veges and fruit. Luckily friends were on hand and we headed off for some coffee. Next door the Sundance theater and an early matinee showing the new "Star Trek" called to me. I really wasn't planning to see opening weekend but I was just in the mood. It was a good choice, there were no more than 20 people in the theater. I loved the movie. It held my attention, put me at the edge of my seat, and even brought a tear to my eye. This movie is in the genre of "Batman Begins" and "Superman Returns" (which I did enjoy even though it wasn't a mega hit). You got a lot of history, character development, smart writing, well thought, funny, excellent special effects, and of course a good story—totally unbelievable but it is Star Trek after all. And in one bold plot twist they revamped the entire fictional history of Star Trek so future productions are free to do anything they want. You have to see the movie for this to be explained but it does involve black holes and time warps. Enough of my rambling. Go and enjoy the show. m

No comments: