Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 17, 2009 - LOST



So what have we learned? Jacob was introduced but we don't have much of a clue as to what he's up to. And he has an enemy, who for some reason wants to kill him but can't. But these events began possibly hundreds of years ago and he looks just the same. Jacob lives in the base of the mysterious statue and weaves. He also travels the world interacting with all the major players of the island. He also has the need to touch them all, if only very slightly. He's obviously manipulating their lives but to what end? Who's his mortal enemy and why did he take on the guise of Locke? What was the "loophole" that led to Jacob's stabbing? Will Juliet return from the dead? Or is everyone dead from the hydrogen bomb exploding at the cliffhanger ending? Or does everything "reset." As always, more questions than answers piled up. So that's everything I would be discussing with another fan of the show, but I don't know any other fan. It's probably my favorite show. It keeps me guessing, keeps me interested, and has the added "sci-fi" element so there simply are no rules to what's coming next. Next year is the last year and it's going to come to a conclusion and not go on for another 10 years without an answer. It would be very disappointing if the conclusion doesn't own up to the 5 seasons before it. So you have plenty of time to see all the episodes and catch up before the last season. And then we can talk about it.

So the weekend was gorgeous. It was a little cool, in fact we had a frost warning on Saturday night but we escaped around here. But I love cool sunny weather. I got a lot of chores done around the house. I painted a hallway. I tried to pick colors for the bedroom, but I couldn't decide so I rearranged the furniture. I mowed the lawn for the first time this year and it looks so nice. When you mow those weeds down it's just all green. There was a big bare patch in the front yard so I planted seed. I washed a few windows. Went to the farmers market. And to top it off I broke out the bar-b-que and indulged in some good food and a margarita this evening. Oh and I finally saw "Vicki Christina Barcelona" after having waited 4 months for it to be available from Netflix. It was a good movie but I'm a bit at a loss as to why it was so popular. I don't think I've ever waited that long for a movie. And so tomorrow it begins again. Have a great week. m

No comments: